If you’re anything like me, you’re always searching for something somewhat healthy and easy to pack to bring to lunch every day. If it’s cheap, that’s a huge bonus! I tend to go through phases with the same few things. Recently, I found a new favorite and I wanted to share it with you! You only need to purchase two items from the store:
Dole’s Chopped BBQ Ranch Salad Kit
A can of shredded chicken
I used one kit and made three day’s worth of lunches. Sometimes making salads ahead of time is tricky because the crunchy stuff won’t stay crunchy for long if you mix it all together. To keep my salads fresh until the third day, follow these steps:
- Find a Tupperware container that will fit two small containers in it. Split the lettuce portion of the salad into thirds and put into three of these larger containers.
- Use three snack-size Ziplock bags to even distribute the bag of crunchies that came in the salad kit.
- Split the canned chicken evenly between three of the small containers.
- Split the salad dress evenly between three of the small containers.
- Place both smaller containers and Ziplock bag inside the bigger container filled with the salad mix.
Now all you have to do is grab a container and go. Mix all your containers and bags together and have a healthy, full of flavor, filling salad for lunch!
Share your favorite go-to lunches you pack for work.
Until next time…
“Some days you eat salad and go to the gym. Other days you eat cupcakes and refuse to put on pants. It’s called balance.”